OOC Comments on Whodunnit?

The home of all the Hokiemon stuff that keeps infiltrating other, more sane threads.

Moderator: Sendaz

OOC Comments on Whodunnit?

Postby Penguins! » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:13 pm

Dude.. a new story? At the same time as the other one? :shock: *looks to fellow TD'ers, as I have never witnessed a case like this*
Current Music: pandora.com (pengui_wan@hotmail.com)
Going to Japan this summer! :D
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby Le Fae » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:08 pm

Heh... it usally takes all of our attention (and then some) just fo finish one.... And I don't think we usually do pre-scripted stories either -- they tend to just evolve naturally, which is half the fun. I've also yet to see a serious TD story, since most of us are too goofy and punny (*cough* Penguins and Atti *cough*) to keep it serious for long. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
"That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed."

XBL tag: Hitokage Rei. If you play H2 or DOAU, send me a friend request.
Le Fae
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby Sendaz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:20 pm

I figured to help we would start an OOC thread to discuss the tale as the story progresses. There is nothing that says we only have to do one tale at a time, though of course I do know it can be tough enough keeping track of one tale somedays. I am currently working up an idea for the G,B, and L thread but I certainly encourage anyone who wants to also write in the whodunnit thread to do so as fate permits.....
Just biding my time til 2012 when the Ban is finally lifted and the Monkey Hunt can begin.
Sendaz

Location: Fiefdom of Sendozia with hidden dens in Florida and Minnesota

Brrrr!

Postby vengerofthelight » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:18 pm

:sick: The pool was iced over... :D

I have no problems with my story not being participated in at this point. I also understand how it can be difficult to juggle multiples, so there's no need to explain that. Actually, after reading the typical story format and starting point around these parts, I though setting up a "serious" (:P) RP-ish story without actually defining where the actual answer starts would be interesting. Of course, this is because I'm a DM and, thus, an entertainer. I set up and write this sort of bit all the time, and as such I thought it would be interesting to simply give a backgroud situation and a central motivation, but not provide the "tavern and introduction of the characters."

Again, I'll take no offense to no one participating at this point. I just need to become more accusomed to the-- um, customs in this forum. Sorry about the confusion, folks... when I figure things out, I'll try and participate somehow.. :)

EDIT: I feel I should state that as far as online RPing goes, I'm used to individual posts only involving your own character, so the taking over of other people's characters for a post is new to me.
No, I'm not coming back. Celebrate wisdom and insight leaving you to your delusional existence.

TDers: you've been great, despite my occasional jerk-ish nature. Have fun, enjoy the story.

Yes, I know this will soon be deleted.
vengerofthelight
Pixelated
Pixelated

Location: Somewhere in the middle of a desert, surrounded mostly by refuse.

Re: Brrrr!

Postby Sendaz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:42 pm

vengerofthelight wrote:I have no problems with my story not being participated in at this point. I also understand how it can be difficult to juggle multiples, so there's no need to explain that. Actually, after reading the typical story format and starting point around these parts, I though setting up a "serious" (:P) RP-ish story without actually defining where the actual answer starts would be interesting. Of course, this is because I'm a DM and, thus, an entertainer. I set up and write this sort of bit all the time, and as such I thought it would be interesting to simply give a backgroud situation and a central motivation, but not provide the "tavern and introduction of the characters."

Again, I'll take no offense to no one participating at this point. I just need to become more accusomed to the-- um, customs in this forum. Sorry about the confusion, folks... when I figure things out, I'll try and participate somehow.. :)
Well.. I wouldn't write off the idea just yet... And please...be patient... we tend to move at a bit slower pace down here. :wink: *cue Jamacain music*

vengerofthelight wrote:EDIT: I feel I should state that as far as online RPing goes, I'm used to individual posts only involving your own character, so the taking over of other people's characters for a post is new to me.
Yeah, I can understand how that does sort of depart from the usual methods of one side declaring an action and the other declaring the result. But as the Dome progressed... it became more of 'us' vs. the storyline sort of thing than 'me' vs. 'other person'. It has worked surprisingly well to date and it is a privelege to be allowed to use another player's character and we try to ensure it is one not abused.
Just biding my time til 2012 when the Ban is finally lifted and the Monkey Hunt can begin.
Sendaz

Location: Fiefdom of Sendozia with hidden dens in Florida and Minnesota

Postby Penguins! » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:54 pm

I'll read your story start soon, venger. :) Sounds cool doing two stories at once, but I tend to have a one-track mind. :roll:

*watches Food Network* Yum.. :shock:

..Um, what was I saying, again? :oops:
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby vengerofthelight » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:18 pm

*laughs* You people are great!

Actually, as an avid Roleplayer, I'd rather everyone just stick to the current story for it's duration, and, if we all feel like it, start mine eventually; no rush, as I'm not scheduled to die for about another 40 years or so. :D

I'm going to try and either jump into the current story (The Good, the Bird and the L.U.G.y, right? Or is it too late for that? I'm lost... :).), or start slow by typing up my "character's" bio. Dunno. We'll see. *happiness all around*

And, gods, Penguins!! You are just irresistable! :clap: I've read The Good/Bird/L.U.G.y all the way through until current day, and sometimes I just wanna stick you in my pocket and take you home! :lol:
No, I'm not coming back. Celebrate wisdom and insight leaving you to your delusional existence.

TDers: you've been great, despite my occasional jerk-ish nature. Have fun, enjoy the story.

Yes, I know this will soon be deleted.
vengerofthelight
Pixelated
Pixelated

Location: Somewhere in the middle of a desert, surrounded mostly by refuse.

Postby Le Fae » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:55 pm

Nope, GB&L is still going... In theory... In practice, no one (ecxept Mo and Sendaz) has written in a few months, but hopefully that's about to change. Feel free to jump in any time ^_^
"That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed."

XBL tag: Hitokage Rei. If you play H2 or DOAU, send me a friend request.
Le Fae
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby Penguins! » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:15 pm

vengerofthelight wrote:And, gods, Penguins!! You are just irresistable! :clap: I've read The Good/Bird/L.U.G.y all the way through until current day, and sometimes I just wanna stick you in my pocket and take you home! :lol:

I can fit in your pocket? :shock:
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Return to Thunderdome