Pushing Daisies

We love to hate as much as we love to love. Now you can do both, and all over the world of entertainment! Share with your Packers your very important opinions on the movies, TV, books, music that distract you from the everyday misery that is life.

Moderator: Alessar

Pushing Daisies

Postby Alessar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 am

... has been cancelled.

http://io9.com/5095271/pushing-daisies- ... o-its-name

All 13 filmed episodes are expected to air, but episode 13 ends with a "cliffhanger." The creator is expecting to finish the storylines in a comic book.
Alessar

Postby Danners » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Never watched the show, but I recently heard about this. Suffice to say, if it ends on a cliffhanger, I probably won't check it out until the comic book or movie happens to tie up some of the story.

I swear it's not worth investing any time in to watching television shows these days. Every show is always on the brink of cancellation until it hits it's 3rd season or so, then it enters "somewhat safe" territory. If networks would at least give a chance for the show to at least have an ending, it wouldn't be that bad.

Luckily, the only "good" thing about the cancellation of Pushing Dasies is that Heroes appears to be getting one of its better season 1 writers back who was working on Pushing Dasies.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Alessar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:12 am

I think that Pushing Daisies was doomed because people expected it to be doomed. "Oh it's too good and quirky, it'll get cancelled, I don't want to get invested in it."
Alessar

Postby Danners » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:44 am

Alessar wrote:I think that Pushing Daisies was doomed because people expected it to be doomed.

That possible, but personally, I haven't had any interest in the show until I heard it was canceled, and in turn, I actually found out what the show as about. Of course I may be an exception.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Kyrax » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:37 pm

I liked last season and missed the restart of this season. And now... Oh well. Funny show, and who can't help but love Kristin Chenoweth?
A centimeter can make a huge difference. One cm difference here and I would've been paralyzed, another there and I could've died. But I'm here and I'm determined to recover and to enjoy the life that I've been given a second chance at.
Kyrax

Postby Alessar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 am

Kyrax wrote:I liked last season and missed the restart of this season. And now... Oh well. Funny show, and who can't help but love Kristin Chenoweth?

Kristen Chenoweth was SO AMAZING last week. Her character had to impersonate a Paris Hilton type heiress and do an accent and ... argh, I looked for a clip of her from the episode ("Robbing Hood") but nothing on Youtube. Watch it on ABC.com!
Alessar

Postby Alessar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 am

Slightly good news, the final episode is being reworked to not be such a bad cliffhanger. The creator still plans a comic book series to continue it.
Alessar

Return to Mediacrity