The Chosen Alt. Episode Posters

I'm no closer to understanding this forum name now than I was when we first put it in. But what it's for is thankfully simple. If you've got the creative bug and you want to share fruits of your buggery (...uhm) then here is where it goes. Poetry, fiction, drawing, photography, wallpapers, videos ... if you want to share it, we want to see it.

Moderator: KerochanNoMiko

The Chosen Alt. Episode Posters

Postby Lehane » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:09 am

Having reread Crossroads recently, I was inspired to make my own versions of The Chosen episode posters.

801 Crossroads
802 Human Nature
803 Hide & Seek
804 The Name of the Game
805 Fringes
806 Where The Heart Is

I'd love some comments on these as I'm quite proud of the effect I made on the first poster. I've got a couple more done but I'd rather reread the episodes as I make them. If JW has any objections to my little project, I'll be happy to take these down.[/url]
Last edited by Lehane on Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lehane
Greater Newbie
Greater Newbie

Postby lilyme » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:44 am

Gosh, I love those!! Can't even decide which one I like more. They're both awesome :o :thumbsup:

And I don't think Jet would object to this. Would she?
lilyme
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Lehane » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:53 am

Thanks for the comment. :) I don't like the tree-person in the background of the Human Nature poster because I couldn't find a picture of a dryad-looking creature. I'm also debating about fitting in little tagline lines into the posters like JW does. I'm leaning against it as the lack of text (besides the title) sets mine apart from the official ones and figuring out taglines as witty as JW's for every episode would be tiring.

I'd love suggestions for the next posters... Anything from fonts, pictures to themes to focus on.
Lehane
Greater Newbie
Greater Newbie

Postby doppelgangler07 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:31 am

Don't know if this is possible (don't know how any of you make such awesome posters) but how about Buffy lunging in attack on one side with the dog-creature lunging in attack on the other (not at each other, just a sort of forward angle). That would be the background, with Kennedy looking intently at Willow, kind of from behind, but Willow's eyes cast down and away from Kennedy, looking sort of melancholy?? I wish I could figure out how to make that stuff at least halfway presentable, then my really really bad poster might inspire a really cool poster... :?
That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay.
Willow, Doppelgangland
doppelgangler07
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Wolf » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:25 am

Really nice job with the posters. I like how you worked to make sure all the heads are angled in the same direction for crossroads. And a great background with Human Nature. I don't think I have seen that Alyson picture before. Cool

Wolf
"I've Googled 'til I just can't Google no more."-Willow, First Date
Wolf
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Lehane » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:47 am

I've added episode posters for H&S and TNoTG to the first post. Not my best work, but I like the effects I've come up with, especially the Ghost in TNoTG. I'd like to see someone guess the actress I cast as the ghost. The composition for H&S was a bitch (I was somewhat inspired by doppelgangler07's suggestion) but I got it down eventually. I have whole bunch of posters done for the later episodes, but I'll upload them later, once I've done the next episodes.

I've changed the standard size for the posters, cause the original one was too constricting, and I've added a patch to Xander in Human Nature since I was a dunce and forgot to add it. Lucky no one noticed. Until now of course.
Lehane
Greater Newbie
Greater Newbie

Postby Bakatulip » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 am

Nice job! I really love these
Bakatulip
Narked
Narked

Postby Akeela » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 am

A fan of your work wrote:
Lehane wrote:...Lucky no one noticed.
Really,
Really Lovely

Regarding Ocular Excesses
Certain Admirers Noticed Re-growth
But Refrained From Carping Thereon

However, Now That You've Truly ARRIVED
As Primo Poster Producer (Or Poster Poster?)
I'll Mention That Dawnie Should Be Taller n'Buffy
............. Little Sister is 5'7'' Big Sister Is Just 5'3"

It'll be interestin' t'see just who it is you've cast as th' haint in TNoTG
'keela
Last edited by Akeela on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private reality is strangely significant – has been since Sunnydale and beyond.
Akeela

Postby MiniShrink » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Okay, that's it.

Jet, your posters are good, don't get me wrong, but I want Lehane's babies. And Lehane's poster's babies, and the poster's babies' babies. The posters are excellent. My favourites are Crossroads and The Name Of The Game.
MiniShrink
Greater Newbie
Greater Newbie

Postby Lehane » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:59 am

I've finished the next two (Fringes & Where the Heart Is) and edited them into the first post. Thanks for all the feedback, it really encourages me to churn these out faster.

I got a bit stuck on 'Fringes' because it was very hard for me to distance it from JW's poster (they're still very similar). Making that image of the Scoobies was a massive bitch, just tracking down and blending the pictures was hell. The only part of the poster I'm really happy with is the picture of the traitor writing the report. I had a sudden brainwave while making the poster about where I could find the perfect image and everything clicked. I tried to darken the image of the person so it wouldn't reveal anything.

I'm rather proud of 'Where the Heart Is'. I made this poster before 'Fringes' as I was more inspired for this one. One of my biggest peeves about Virtual Series is when they use easily recognisable images on posters/screencaps, especially in such a rabid fandom as Buffy's. While reading 'Watchers', I make a game of figuring out the sources for all of their screencaps (yes I am a major geek :oops: ). For this poster, I picked out photos of G/W/D/X from events they had attended which are much harder to identify than a screencap or promo image. Even Buffy is relatively unrecognisable from her episode. I threw in a pic of some zombies and a car crash image for the background to hint at Buffy's subplot in the episode.

Just for fun, I'll have two more image questions:
1. What TV show does the image of the mole writing a report come from?
2. What episode is Buffy from the WTHI poster from? (easier than Q1)

Answer to prev. question: [spoil]Alexis Bledel plays Ashley Buchanan, the ghost Dawn summons in The Name of The Game. She's best known for her role as Rory in Gilmore Girls. Funnily enough, GG's Rory is an academic overachiever much like Ashley was. I didn't even notice the connection until I reread part of the episode.[/spoil]

ETA: Yes, I forgot to add Xander's patch in 'Fringes', again. I'll change that tomorrow.
Lehane
Greater Newbie
Greater Newbie

Next

Return to Freedom From Expression