Rose (it's not my fault that this story happened... ;))

I'm no closer to understanding this forum name now than I was when we first put it in. But what it's for is thankfully simple. If you've got the creative bug and you want to share fruits of your buggery (...uhm) then here is where it goes. Poetry, fiction, drawing, photography, wallpapers, videos ... if you want to share it, we want to see it.

Moderator: KerochanNoMiko

Rose (it's not my fault that this story happened... ;))

Postby lilyme » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:18 am

Okay, I decided to publish something on the Wolfpack again *g* Hope you guys like it.

Author: lilyme
Title: Rose
Summary: Willow makes up an excuse to lure Faith into the ‘Casa del Summers‘. But why? Is there something special about today?
Timeline: Season seven, before the SITs. The killing of Finch never happened, therefore Faith didn’t turn evil. Tara didn’t get shot in „Seeing red“; she left shortly after her break-up with Will mid-season six. Guess that’s all you need to know
Rating: PG-15
Pairing: Faith/Willow...well, sorry, I'm still a Fillow-freak ;)
Part: 1/2
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story, nor do I own any rights to the television show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". They were created by Joss Whedon and belong to him, Mutant Enemy, Sandollar Television, Kuzui Enterprises, 20th Century Fox Television and the WB Television Network.
Note #1: A big thanks to my lovely betas, Wil and Fai :)
Note #2: There’s a funny story behind this fic. You can read about it at the end of part two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the heck was I thinking? Maybe I shouldn’t have called her today...At least not with that excuse.

‘I need a hand assembling this shelf’. Yeah, sure. But it’s a good thing that Dawnie bought one last week. Otherwise… I would have had to magically create one.

She said ‘No prob’ without even thinking about it. Well, honestly… If I were her, I would have thought about it.

Because right now she’s probably thinking that I really only want her here for that, as a cheap worker to assemble Dawnie’s new piece of furniture.

Well, I couldn’t possibly have said something like ‘Hey, sexy, how about you come over and we’ll do a little bit of woo-hoo,’...although...being her, I’m sure she would’ve liked that.

I grin.

But that would have ruined my plans for today...sort of. Because today is no ordinary day. Well, I guess it’s pretty ordinary for 99, 73...something per cent of the population, but it’s a special day for the remaining 0,27 per cent. Or at least it should be. And I’m making sure that today will be special for her.

Hm, if she knew that I know that today is her...But she doesn’t know that I know, so that’s...

Makes sense? No? Okay.

Anyway, that’s why I spent the last 25 minutes in the bathroom already...which is probably enough time for her to get really, really miffed...Well, I made it sound as if I would help her with the shelf. But I hope she understands why I took off…once I’m done here.

I tried to be quick, but I want this to be really perfect; after all perfection needs time.

You wouldn’t believe how many different make-up styles I tried in those last 25 minutes.

Not easy to find just the right amount. Too much make-up is...god, when I think back at my Junior year...oh, definitely not a good thing.

And if I consider the rest of my current...attire...maybe make-up isn’t a good idea at all...

I take the cotton ball and start to clean my face. And when I’m done I look at myself again. I groan. This so frustrating – apparently I can’t even to make myself happy today...

Okay, let’s do this again, then…luckily Buffy has a big collection of powders, eyeliners, lip sticks...and she let me borrow it.

It wasn’t even hard to get Buffy and Dawnie out of the house. Once I told them what I had planned, they were all giddy about it...especially Dawn. I swear, that girl is a pro in loving vicariously. I had to make a promise to give her all the details once she and Buffy get back from their trip. Well, she’s not gonna get all the details, that’s for sure. Buffy would kill me if I did that.

Back to Dawn and her ‘loving vicariously’...I guess...this is something that simply happened; I’m not talking about Dawnie, I’m talking about me – and my feelings for Faith.

I know that it started as a casual thing. Friendship with occasional sex. No bonds. No obligations. No hurt feelings.

I guess it was exactly what I needed at the time. Tara had just left me and I was about to drown in my sorrows. And she didn’t let it happen, helped me through that phase. She didn’t mollycoddle me. Oh, no, she really made me see what I did wrong, gave me a proper kick in the pants whenever I needed it.

And somehow we bonded over this. I mean, we had been friends before this...But I guess, I guess last year with all its craziness...simply drew another twosome of craziness closer together.

But it was nothing relationshippy. It was the right thing for me and Faith... well, let’s put it this way – she’s downright afraid of commitments.

I know the reasons for this by now, we had plenty of time to talk. And she started to cope with it; said that I helped her a lot.

Anyway, relationshippy or not – in one long night of talking... and giggling and fooling around, it happened. Unforeseen, but not unwanted, it felt like the right thing to do.

But, you know how it is...things change and you suddenly feel like you’re ready for something more than casual. I know that I’d love to have more than just a ‘friends with benefits’ thing with her, and I hope that it’s the same for her. If not... maybe today can do something about that. And finally my make-up looks okay for my taste – hey, big achievement! Now I feel ready to actually go through with this. I swallow and look down at myself. Or not...? Before my brain has any chance to reconsider the situation, I grab the red rose that I bought for her and leave the bathroom. A few seconds ago she started to actually work on the shelf, the repeated hits with the hammer are the indicator for this. I should get down there before something happens.
And as on cue, there is this dull sound, like stone on flesh... or maybe metal on flesh. And when I hear a “Ouch! Jesus fu...rickin’...Christ!â€
lilyme
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby doppelgangler07 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:43 am

lily, that's an excellent story! And this coming from a devoted wara-shipper...You just made willow so WILLOW!

Nicely done :) you got fanfic anywhere else?
That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay.
Willow, Doppelgangland
doppelgangler07
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Akeela » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:16 am

.................................. A ...............
There's a Part Two? .... K .............
Where we ask? ........... E ...........
Huh? Huh? ................. E .........
Huuum? ..................... L .......
................................... A .....
Last edited by Akeela on Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private reality is strangely significant – has been since Sunnydale and beyond.
Akeela
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby raider » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Very cute! Willow is very much in character, love that.
raider
Narked
Narked

Postby lilyme » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:19 am

Awww, thanks, guys, you're so sweet!

@ DG: The only other story of mine that I'd recommend is this one:
http://mysticmuse.net/authors/lilyme/wakingup.htm
But if you really, really have to, you can always click on the banner at the bottom of my posts or go right here:
http://www.freewebs.com/redsfaith2/lilymesfanfics.htm :wink:

---

okay, now we go to part two:

Author: lilyme
Title: Rose
Summary: Willow makes up an excuse to lure Faith into the ‘Casa del Summers‘. But why? Is there something special about today?
Timeline: Season seven, before the SITs. The killing of Finch never happened, therefore Faith didn’t turn evil. Tara didn’t get shot in „Seeing red“; she left shortly after her break-up with Will mid-season six. Guess that’s all you need to know
Rating: R
Pairing: Faith/Willow...still ;)
Part: 2/2
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story, nor do I own any rights to the television show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". They were created by Joss Whedon and belong to him, Mutant Enemy, Sandollar Television, Kuzui Enterprises, 20th Century Fox Television and the WB Television Network.
Note #1: A big thanks to my lovely betas, Wil and Fai
Note #2: There’s a funny story behind this fic. You can read about it at the end of this chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell was I thinking? Maybe I shouldn’t have answered the stupid phone.

‘Hi, Fai. Can I ask you a favor?’ Damn, I can never not fulfil her a wish when she calls me ’Fai’.

Me and building a shelf? My mouth said ‘no prob’ before my brain could do anything about it.

Yeah, ‘no prob’, I wish. Slayers dis-assembling stuff...even with bare hands...easy as pie. Slayer tinkering about on shelves...I should’ve kept my mouth shut. But maybe it’s just me being all uncoordinated and stuff, I’ve never been good at this, even before the slayer gig – but I think it’s worse now. Should ask B if she has problems with it too...

And why am I doing this alone, anyway? Yeah, okay, I mean, B and Dawnie are out, Xander’s at work and his demon...no, ex-demon...I mean ‘ex-girlfriend’...what’s she up to right now? Can’t possibly be a coincidence that I’m the only one available...but maybe I’m just paranoid.

Still...didn’t she say ‘I need a hand...’? Way I see it, that doesn’t mean that I should have to do this alone...but here I am, sittin’ on B’s living room floor, staring at a bunch of stupid...wood slats...maybe wood-veneer slats...and even stupider nails, brackets, screws and nuts...why are there so many knick-knacks for this little shelf!? At least, I think it’s little...looks like it on the construction manual. Oh, and don’t even get me started on this thing...the menu at a Chinese restaurant is more informative than this. The pictures aren’t helping either.

Funny that I actually pluck up the courage to lay my hands on the pieces that sort of look like item 1A and item 2C...construction manual-thingie says piece together, 90 ° angle...guess I need one of those brackets now, plus 4 of those little screws and...two nails...? For what? Huh? Oh...tack together with nails…for stability...before I do the thing with the screws...? Who came up with that idea? Oh, well...I’ll better cooperate. Otherwise I’ll have to deal with a mightily pissed-off slayer, in case the not-yet-shelf suddenly decides to fall to pieces and kills the wrong person…or the wrong ‘thing’…in the process.

So I sit down Indian style and try to get the slats into the right position. Yeah, that’s it...now I only need...a third hand...grrr. With some complicated foot work I manage to keep that one slat upright...just long enough to retrieve hammer and nail. Okay...here we go...

If Reddie were here, we could at least drown in despair together, and have some fun doing it. But, no...Little Missy went upstairs to do devil-knows-what! That was half an hour ago!

Am I pissed? That’s a kinda appropriate word for it, I guess. This is not exactly how I had imagined this day to be like...with or without company. Not that anyone really knows about...huh, oh well, my bad. But they didn’t ask either, so there! God, now I’m talking like a sulky little kid…I didn’t even do that when I was little.

My loud hammering fills the unusually silent house. I seem to have enough coordination and self-control left to not make the nail go in with one single angry wham. Don’t know if that would be good for the nail...or the wood (veneer), or my nerves. It’s not her fault; I said ‘no prob’ and she doesn’t know...

Still could’ve thought about something fun to do, instead. Admit it, Faithie, that’s the true reason you came here. It’s not like you’re ‘St. Faith of the infinite abstinence’ all of the sudden. There’s still urges that are looking for release. Strong urges...

...sometimes too strong urges, I notice as the inevitable happens and the hammer hits my thumb. Now I have another strong urge; “Ouch! Jesus fu...rickin’...Christ!â€
lilyme
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Akeela » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:01 am

1. Rashômon
2. Same scene
3. Two different POVs
4. Perfectly delightful story telling
5. Having re-read #one, I understand
6. How UTTERLY DEVIOUS lilyme can be

A
K
E E L A
Akeela

Postby lilyme » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks, 'Keela :D

Oh, hey, do "devious" and "devil(lish)" have the same origin, by any chance...? Just wonderin' :twisted:
lilyme
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby doppelgangler07 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:24 pm

Well, devious I believe comes from "deviate" as in off the beaten path, whereas devilish comes from devil which comes from "evil"- but they come to have similar meanings...interesting.
but I digress...this is a great story! 8)
That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and skanky. And I think I'm kinda gay.
Willow, Doppelgangland
doppelgangler07
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Akeela » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Dear dopplegangler07

Devious comes from "Out of the Way." You're Bang-on there.
Devil ain't related. If we go back far enough, the Indo-European root word means "to hurt"

A
K
E E L A
Last edited by Akeela on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akeela

Postby lilyme » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 am

Got the same result as you two when it comes to "devious", the roots seem to be Latin.

Devious
1599, from L. devius "out of the way, remote," from de via (see deviate). Originally in the literal L. sense; figurative sense of "deceitful" is first recorded 1633.

Devil
O.E. deofol "evil spirit," from L.L. diabolus, from Gk. diabolos "accuser, slanderer" (scriptural loan-translation of Heb. satan), from diaballein "to slander, attack," lit. "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw." Jerome re-introduced Satan in L. bibles, and Eng. translators have used both in different measures. In Vulgate, as in Gk., diabolus and dæmon (see demon) were distinct, but they have merged in Eng. and other Gmc. languages. Playful use for "clever rogue" is from 1601. Meaning "sand spout, dust storm" is from 1835. Devilry is from 1375; deviltry (1788) is a corrupt formation from it. Devilled "grilled with hot condiments" is from 1800. The Tasmanian devil so called since at least 1829, from its propensity for killing young lambs (other voracious fish or animals have also been named devil).

...anyway...that was pretty interesting...said the linguist. :oops: :lol:
lilyme
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Next

Return to Freedom From Expression