Character/Avatar Art Requests Thread

I'm no closer to understanding this forum name now than I was when we first put it in. But what it's for is thankfully simple. If you've got the creative bug and you want to share fruits of your buggery (...uhm) then here is where it goes. Poetry, fiction, drawing, photography, wallpapers, videos ... if you want to share it, we want to see it.

Moderator: KerochanNoMiko

Character/Avatar Art Requests Thread

Postby Mo Novaya » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm

This forum needs more love, so I'd like to volunteer for art slavery for those who are interested.

I like drawing people (or characters, not neccessarily human) more than anything. (Backgrounds, no thank you... or keep it simple.) More to the point, I like drawing original characters. So here's the deal:

I will accept requests for

- full body original character design
- head-only portrait of an original character
- forum/blog avatar art
- stylized / comic-fied portrait based on a photography

In all cases, you will be the one providing a description or reference picture of the character. The description can be very detailed or very loose, I leave that up to you.

I will not accept requests for

- large group shots
- fanart (and now all the Buffy fans are leaving ;) )
- holiday art (and now all the people in Christmas spirit are leaving :P )
- offensive art and anything nonsuitable for all viewers of this forum, cause I'd like to link the requested art in this thread, and seeing as we have teenagers (and possibly pre-teens, I wouldn't know) attending this forum, you know what I mean.

You can find some of my art in my comics of course (see signature links), and also here and here, and here is a gallery of my forum avatars, though 8 out of the 29 avatars were drawn by other people than myself I should note (a trained eye will see the differences).
I like working in different styles as you can see in these links, if you want your piece done in a specific style or technique you should mention that, otherwise I'll make my own pick.

I like challenges, so I hope there'll be a bit of response to this thread. I am not setting a date yet, but I will close for requests at some point, so don't wait too long if you want to request something. :)

(I'm afraid nobody's gonna find this thread anyway, seeing as this forum hasn't been posted in since mid-November, but I thought it's worth a shot. :P )

Oh, and all requests are free of charge. All I expect is that you credit me if you post your requested art somewhere, or if you use it as your forum avatar.

P.S.: Post your requests in this thread, please don't use email.
P.P.S.: One request per person to begin with.
Mo Novaya
Narked
Narked

Postby LucKie355 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:37 pm

w0oT! I'll be the first to respond!! yahoo!

You're so generous to lend your artistic touch for the better good of the forum! :notworthy:

So, I'll be the first to say "memememememememememe!!!!!!!" I've always wanted some original artwork as my avatar. 8)

How about, something kinda similar to the avatar I have now, except a little more accurate. I'm a little hesitant to post a picture of myself on the forum, although if you insist, I'll be willing to bend. Otherwise I could pm it to you or something. Anywho, I mostly want my kitty cats portrayed a little more accurately. Miss Kitty is a grey tabby with green eyes and rules the house. And she's mommy's baby. :mrgreen: Little Bit is a generic black cat with green eyes and is quite the mischevious thing, hence her being on my head. :roll:

The style is your choice (although a comic portrayal would probably fit best) Take it and run with it my dear!! :D

-K
p.s. If you need a better description to work with, let me know and I'll toss in some extra kitty quirks
www.newschoolofphotography.com

"When I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my cat."

I :wub: my avatar...courtesy of the talented Mo Novaya
LucKie355
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Mo Novaya » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:41 pm

Hurrah, someone saw the thread. :)

LucKie355 wrote:I'm a little hesitant to post a picture of myself on the forum, although if you insist, I'll be willing to bend. Otherwise I could pm it to you or something.

Oh yeah, I understand that. You can just pm it to me then! :D (Also, if you have a pic of your cats, you could include those too; otherwise I should be fine with your description.)
Mo Novaya
Narked
Narked

my challenge

Postby willownut » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:54 pm

ok - you're really good!
why no fanart? i'm looking for an artist rendition of willow so i can get me a tattoo - and i'm really stuck. everyone loves buffy angel and faith and my gal pal sidekick is just cartoonally challenged.

ok, here's my challenge - i'm watching ellen and they've got those sumo suits on. how bout drawing up one of your characters in those. i'm thinkin the one with brown hair short - sorta spikey. that'd be funny. :roll:
I'm a blood sucking fiend, look at my outfit.

<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/redsfaith/">Visit Our Website</a>
willownut
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Mo Novaya » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:00 am

Oops... has it really been that long? I'm really sorry, right after I started this thing I got sick, and then I got very busy with real life blah blah... Anyway, much belated and a work of rush (cause I'm still really busy with real life these days), I cramped out something for Luckie:

I used a rather simple style of shading / coloring because I kind of like cell shading right now, and I didn't draw many details because she requested an avatar, and I find that avatars look better when they have a sort of clean look... DON'T feel obliged to use this as your avatar though, I know I could've done better had I spent more time on it.

Anyway, if you like it, I made this out of the picture above.

Willownut: The main reason I don't want to draw fanart is because I know this board is crawling with Buffy fans... and, uh, I'm not a Buffy fan. So if I started drawing Buffy fanart for you, I think there might be a dozen more Buffy fanart requests in a wink. No offense or anything, I just wouldn't like the thread to turn into a Buffy fanart request thread. ;)

The sumo suit idea is funny though. I'll try to draw that... and sooner than the first request. ^^;
Mo Novaya
Narked
Narked

Postby LucKie355 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:35 pm

OMG :shock:
*Right-click, Save As*

Mo, you are the most awesomest of awesomes!! I think the picture is dead-on! And yes, I'm changing my avatar right now...

I can't thank you enough... such a wonderful artist! :notworthy:

*Runs off to change avatar...*

-K
p.s. My husband just saw it and thinks it's awesome too! You're the best! :wub:
www.newschoolofphotography.com

"When I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my cat."

I :wub: my avatar...courtesy of the talented Mo Novaya
LucKie355
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby willownut » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:11 pm

waaat up?? love the kittens - but i'm still waiting on my spikey haired gal in a sumu wrestler suit. hope you're feeling better.

willownut

Postby Mo Novaya » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:09 am

Wee, glad you liked yours, Luckie! :D

Annnnd the next one is done!

For Willownut:

This was fun to draw. I'm actually thinking of having a sumo suit wrestling scene sometime in the comic now. :lol:

Okay, I'm waiting for more requests.
Mo Novaya
Narked
Narked

Postby willownut » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:06 pm

ok, that was awesome! :bounce:
ya gotta do one for my friend: medium sized spikey mohawk, handsome mexican dude with one of those beards - long sideburns that goes straight down and then squares along his jawline. No hair on the chin or under his nose. He's got a brand new mustang and loves his ipod. can you do something with that?

so now i gotta figure out how to make it my avatar. :wink:

willownut

Postby willownut » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:15 am

ok, after closer examination, he has 3 hairs on below his bottom lip.

willownut

Next

Return to Freedom From Expression