I'm alowed to shamelessly plug myself, right?

I'm no closer to understanding this forum name now than I was when we first put it in. But what it's for is thankfully simple. If you've got the creative bug and you want to share fruits of your buggery (...uhm) then here is where it goes. Poetry, fiction, drawing, photography, wallpapers, videos ... if you want to share it, we want to see it.

Moderator: KerochanNoMiko

Postby D.M.Jewelle » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am

Danners wrote:Neato DM! For some reason, I always find anime/people in anime peculiar, but catgirls/boys are ok. Is that racist? :shock: :lol:

I think since beastpeople tend to be a whole species, racist isn't quite the word, but I'm not too sure what you're talking about... :?

camera101>> Yay, indeed! My dad's born in the year of the Dog!
"Behold the apocalypse. HEY! Did I say anything about touching the apocalypse?"
D.M.Jewelle
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby Danners » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:41 am

Danners wrote:Neato DM! For some reason, I always find anime/people in anime peculiar, but catgirls/boys are ok. Is that racist? :shock: :lol:

ack! typos!

That's what I get for trying to type with a sprained middle finger :? Granted I've had some very comical and creative typos lately...

I meant to say...

I always find animal people in anime peculiar, but catgirls/boys don't even phase me. Is that being racist? :lol:
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Penguins! » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:51 pm

D.M.Jewelle wrote:And because I don't want Penguins to hog the thread... :P

.. :oops: Sorry about that. Anyway, when I saw your picture, I immediately thought "Loveless!". Then I read your description. *pets* He's so cute! :D

DS: Next time I have a problem, I'll be sure to call you. :wink:

...*posts another picture* I can't help it. D:
This was the first realism picture that I used more than one color for. Comments and crticism are always wonderful. :D

(By the way, Photobucket wasn't working for some odd reason, so I hosted the picture on Imageshack. I think it's my friends trying to make me get a DeviantArt account. ^_^;;..)
Current Music: pandora.com (pengui_wan@hotmail.com)
Going to Japan this summer! :D
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby D.M.Jewelle » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:47 am

Penguins>> I like how you coloured the strands of hair, but the long dark streak of black and the guy's left eyeliner looks out of place due to the bold lines against all the fine lines. ^^; The nose also looks strangely huge, but I think it's all good (since it looks oekakied even and I can't oekaki for my life..). ^_^

And yes, the puppyboy says thank you. ^__^

DS>> I think there's another term for that, since catpeople are an entirely new species. XD Though it might be their overwhelming sex appeal.
D.M.Jewelle
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby Danners » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:37 am

Penguins - Great job colouring and using more than 1 colour :P

I don't mind the black hair strands, but it looks like the eye on the left (the person's right eye) is tilted too much towards the nose, a smidgen little too low, and a little too close to the nose.

The hair is super-rific though.

And umm...yeah...that background...yikes....it's gotta go :P It doesn't do anything for your image and it's obviously computer generated and just doesn't fit with the pencil crayon type colouring.

Otherwise, you're quickly becoming one of the better artists around these parts :D
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby DemonStalker » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:17 am

Thanks, Pengi. ^_^

As for the new pic, I like it. the missing/dead/something eye is a bit jarring, but in a good artistic way, I think. the hair's good, though I'm still not sure what to think of the long black strand. It's interesting though. ^^;

An I have to agree with Danners, the background isn't good for the pic.

D.M.Jewelle wrote:DS>> I think there's another term for that, since catpeople are an entirely new species. XD Though it might be their overwhelming sex appeal.

I think you meant to send that to Danners, yo. ^_~

Though to that sex appeal point, I think they (catpeople) first and foremost appeal to people's "Awww cute kitty" brain functions, which then leads to the ingrained brain functions of comparing lithe and sexy women to cats (or beefy and agile men to jungle cats), a function that I fully blame on DC's Catwoman, and Marvel's Black Panther. Catwoman more so, though. ^^;

The natural extention of all this is to either increase the sexiness/beefyness, or the general cuteness, to grant the effect desired by the artist. So yes, overwhelming sex-appeal.
Dan
Lookie, new bl0g! (Feb 05, 06)
Lookie, old bl0g! (August 22nd, 05)
DemonStalker
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Location: Your Mom. No seriously, it's a wierd little town in upstate New York

Postby Penguins! » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 pm

But I had fun doing the background. :( Oh well, thank you for telling me, though, Danners.

I don't like noses. I have a lot of trouble with them. Sometimes even more than feet or ears. Hands are still the worst, though, in my opinion. Of course, that is what practice is for. :)

*scribbles down more notes for what to work on*

For some reason, I enjoy using Oekaki more than things like Paint Shop Pro. It could be because I am more used to it, though.

As for the catpeople discussion, I think that sex appeal or cuteness depends on the picture. I have seen both "omfgthatssoadorable *_*" pictures and *O_O sexy" pictures.

Personally, I think it's all in the tail. Tails are fun to swish. :D
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby D.M.Jewelle » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Hands are a PAIN to draw - I've been practicing for years and still no luck at improving. >__< It'd be nice if I could avoid them, but then I'd never learn, so...*sigh*

Penguins! wrote:Personally, I think it's all in the tail. Tails are fun to swish. :D

And when it twitches or makes a tiny wag, that just kills me dead. XDDD
D.M.Jewelle
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

Postby DemonStalker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:48 am

Another new thing. ^_^

Kungfu Kitty! Inspired by this pic.
Dan
Lookie, new bl0g! (Feb 05, 06)
Lookie, old bl0g! (August 22nd, 05)
DemonStalker
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Location: Your Mom. No seriously, it's a wierd little town in upstate New York

Postby Penguins! » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 pm

I love the yellow cat's expression. :lol: It's perfect.

"WO-TAH!" :x
Penguins!
Frightens Jet Wolf
Frightens Jet Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Freedom From Expression