Mass Effect on the Sexbox 360

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

Mass Effect on the Sexbox 360

Postby Kane Magus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 pm

What is with all of this stuff coming out all of a sudden over the past couple of weeks or so where clueless pundits bash Mass Effect for practically no reason at all?

First there was this bit on CBS news.

Then there was an article by Kevin McCullough on Townhall.com which has since been removed, apparently, but the half-assed apology for which can still be found. (EDIT) Oh, and the full text of his original post can be found here. (/EDIT)

And now there's this wonderful bit of video, courtesy of Faux Noise.

It took them two months after the game was released to find out about it, but once they heard that Mass Effect had thirty seconds or so of mild, risque sexual content, the likes of which you can see in hundreds of movies and on television, they're all over this like a malodorous stench on a collection of fecal matter. Seriously, what gives?

--

Kane Magus (and still no sign of Jack Thompson, which is amazing)
Kane Magus
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Danners » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:13 am

It's amazing how this is still going on.

And, I always laugh when I hear the excuse that games are interactive, but movies aren't and THAT'S why it's worse for children aged 17+.

EDIT

I think I just figured it out. It's a conspiracy by the Japanese RPG companies. See, BioWare is Canadian, right and companies like Square Enix are thinking "Damn, they're making our games look bad." Sooo, they seed the story among the super uptight American reporters, that way it bring bad publicity to the game.

Orrr, I suppose it's Bioware and Microsoft trying to give the "bad boy" impression of the game to get even more sales.

Better still, it's probably just a bunch of bored yahoos with nothing better to do then "feed" this ridiculous ongoing debate that video games are bad to garner a couple more votes for the upcoming election. I mean, our children are our most precious commodity and they should be protected and sheltered and given easy access to guns and stuff...

Sorry to my fellow Americans, nothing against you, but sometimes I'm very glad I live up here in Canada.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Kane Magus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Danners wrote:It's amazing how this is still going on.

And, I always laugh when I hear the excuse that games are interactive, but movies aren't and THAT'S why it's worse for children aged 17+.

Nah, it's not because movies and TV are non-interactive that makes them better, it's because "Even the crappiest cartoon or lamest soap teaches a child about character, plot, drama, humour, life. Playing videogames, children are mentally imprisoned, wired into their evil creators' brains."

--

Kane Magus
Kane Magus

Postby Kane Magus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:42 pm

The good news is that we finally have some people actually fighting back against this crap, for once. Usually, it just goes unchallenged, aside from people (such as me) bitching about it in forums or on gamer sites and the like.

--

Kane Magus
Kane Magus

Return to Push Start