The worst gaming news ever

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

The worst gaming news ever

Postby Danners » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:13 am

EA has bought the parent company of BioWare. I am sad.

Although lately, EA has been making great strides in improving their habits, the only way this can't turn out bad is if EA just lets BioWare do their thing. But if one things about it, the pairing could be a good thing. EA has recently started to try and create new franchises, and their deep pockets could allow BioWare to continue making new franchises while letting other companies in the EA umbrella handle the sequels, such as what BioWare did with KOTOR 2.

The other complaint I may have is that EA will get BioWare to focus on cross platform development, which can result in compromised game experiences.

Anywho, we shall see how this pans out in a year or so.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Re: The worst gaming news ever

Postby Kane Magus » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:04 pm

Danners wrote:EA has bought the parent company of BioWare. I am sad.

Heh, I knew this was going to be what you were talking about as soon as I saw the topic subject. They got Pandemic too, for what it's worth, though I'm not as familiar with them as I am with Bioware.

I agree that the only way this will end well is if EA simply gives them money and otherwise leaves them alone. However, there is a lot of precedent of EA buying awesome companies, screwing them around for a few years, and then simply closing them down. Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Productions, or Origin Systems, anyone? I really hope EA doesn't screw up again. They've been doing kinda sorta okay with Maxis, though, so hopefully EA will give them at least that much respect.

--

Kane Magus
Kane Magus
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Alessar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Oh I thought this would be about how the new 40 gig version of the PS3 will not feature ANY backwards compatibility at all.
Alessar

Return to Push Start