Starcraft 2

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

Starcraft 2

Postby Kane Magus » Fri May 18, 2007 11:42 pm

I hear that Blizzard has announced Starcraft 2.

My own personal impression: "It sure took them long enough. I hope it doesn't suck. And, now that they've announced it, we'll only have to wait at least a couple of more years or so before they finally finish actually making it."

Strangely, I'm not as excited about this as I might have been even just a few months ago. Personally, I'd have been more excited if the announcement had been Diablo 3 (and there's still time and room for that as well, I suppose, but we'll see). Then again, I did just recently finish playing through both Supreme Commander and C&C3, so maybe I'm just RTS'd out for the time being, I dunno. It'll probably pick up for me as the game nears completion.

--

Kane Magus
Kane Magus
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Mad-Hamlet » Sat May 19, 2007 3:42 am

Greetings,

GOD DAMNIT!

You beat me to it.

Well, I've just gone through an exhasting trolling of the web for any and all SC2 information and may I just say:

Woot!

WoooT!

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!

What?

I like Starcraft.

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet
Mad-Hamlet
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Kane Magus » Sat May 19, 2007 10:46 am

Video footage from the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Korea.

Also, the official website is live, so there'll probably be better versions of the above available there eventually.

I have to say, I'm a bit more excited now than I was last night.

--

Kane Magus (I also like how the main Blizzard site has the tagline "Hell, it's about time.")
Kane Magus

Postby Danners » Tue May 22, 2007 8:00 am

I've just finished checking out all the details myself and honestly, I'm still not sure how excited I am. It's been waaaaaay too long since I played the game and expansion and I only remember vague tidbits here and there. I'm still upset that Kerrigan died and went evil. I remember thinking ":shock:!" Yes you can think in smiley emotes.

But, it's just been so long between the games. From the video footage and stuff, it looks like the game is well under way. From what I remember, Blizzard's track record when announcing a game too early has resulted in cancellations of games. Warcraft Adventures, Starcraft Ghost never saw the light of day, and Warcraft III had MAJOR revisions done to the game. And that's my concern. So far, it looks like Starcraft. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but again, for a game that's almost 10 years between releases, it does look quite similar.

In the end I know I'll get the game as Blizzard's games build atmosphere that other games dream about (well, BioWare still beats them, but just by a little) and their games are usually quite polished and fun. It seems that Blizzard isn't as innovative as other companies, but what they do, they usually do better than most.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Aoi » Fri May 25, 2007 3:36 am

I'm hoping that Starcraft 2 doesn't end up like Warcraft III. I'm not a WC3 fan at all. But so far it's lookin' good.

(Kerrigan didn't die she was infested. She's the self-proclaimed "Queen Bitch of the Universe")
Sun: Cancer
Moon: Scorpio
Ascendant: Taurus

And that gaze I love forgets me...
Aoi
Narked
Narked

Postby Mad-Hamlet » Fri May 25, 2007 5:41 am

Greetings,

From what I understand the focus on SC2 will be large armies rather than small numbers of power characters. Also these graphics are a far improvement over the original though not to the demanding level of WCIII. I didn't like that very much either.

I have no idea on the actual release date and am hesitant to make predictions but I can safely believe that SC2 will be released. The Korean market alone makes it viable.

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet
Mad-Hamlet
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Danners » Sat May 26, 2007 9:13 pm

Mad-Hamlet wrote:Greetings,

From what I understand the focus on SC2 will be large armies rather than small numbers of power characters. Also these graphics are a far improvement over the original though not to the demanding level of WCIII. I didn't like that very much either.

I have no idea on the actual release date and am hesitant to make predictions but I can safely believe that SC2 will be released. The Korean market alone makes it viable.

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet

I'm hunching that SC2 will be out this year. The game looks quite polished already.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Xagarath » Sun May 27, 2007 5:46 am

Apparantly there's a lot of work left to do, but what there is does look pretty.
Formulating a Plaster Man.
Xagarath
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby LGold » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:06 am

I've gotta say, protoss are looking insanely overpowered...

but maybe that's just in the trailers?
LGold
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Return to Push Start