Nights Into Dreams Sequel - It's official!

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

Nights Into Dreams Sequel - It's official!

Postby Alessar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:41 pm

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=nights

Not a joke this time! A real sequel for Nights - on the Wii.
Alessar

Postby Danners » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Although I've never played the original Nights, I'm still skeptical of Sega trying to make a sequel to this game. We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully they'll include the original as well so people like me can get a taste of the original.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Ultrace » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:08 am

I have mixed feelings on this... On the one hand, it's NiGHTS, one of those games I liked so much I recorded the soundtrack to it because the official one was insufficient. So, that's very exciting. The original NiGHTS was not about graphics (they were polygonally-blocky and in some respects just ugly), so the fact that it's on the graphically-weakest system is not an issue.

I'm concerned about the control scheme, mainly. Appearing on the Wii, this could be subtle, or it could require huge movement to achieve the desired results. This is probably the best game so far to encourage people to go crazy with Wii remote flailings. I did that with the original, and it was the 360-degree Sega gamepad that came with the game, not a motion-sensitive controller.
ImageImage
Ultrace
VGM Maestro
VGM Maestro

Postby Xagarath » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:05 pm

I'm happy I may actually get to play a Nights game now.
Formulating a Plaster Man.
Xagarath
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Return to Push Start