What We're Playing Now

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

Postby LucKie355 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:04 am

GH2 was my first, and it was tough for me to get used to it as well. I suppose my best advice is to utilize the "practice" mode. I can't tell you how many times I practiced over and over to get it down right before playing something in career mode.
My HUGE hurdle is trying to hit that damned orange button now. I can play medium with no problems, but the first time a frickin' orange button shows up on the hard level I fall apart. Sad really. I suppose I should take my own advice and PRACTICE! :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm loving the VC games on Wii. I'll have to buy some more points before I can get SM3. I've been playing Donkey Kong Country on VC...now THAT is a huge blast from the past for me!

-K
www.newschoolofphotography.com

"When I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my cat."

I :wub: my avatar...courtesy of the talented Mo Novaya
LucKie355
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby rmsgrey » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:52 am

Speaking of blasts from the past, I've recently restarted Star Fox Adventures...
rmsgrey
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Danners » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Playing a variety of games lately. GH3 of course, which I find a billion times better than GH2, but not as good as GH1 (in terms of song selection of course). I breezed through medium and I have only had a chance to play one song on Hard which I passed!

I'm also playing Titan's Quest: Frozen Throne with my brother when he's around. Despite it being so damn picky about system configurations, it's fun when it's stable. Unfortunately it's stable at the lowest graphic settings. Meh...it works and is fun to play and it has LAN co-op.

Also decided to go back and play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as I never finished it. I normally play a mission or two before going to bed or when I have to commute in to the city for soccer. I want to finish it off before FFTA2 comes out sometime next year.

And, when my friend is free, we play Halo 3.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Mad-Hamlet » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:26 am

Greetings,

Gaahhh.

This makes me feel so old. Or fuddy duddy. These days I'm not playing the 'latest and the greatest'. Mostly hanging out at a Mod Tournament for Battlefield 2142.

They made me one of the leaders. Clearly, they have emotional masochistic tendencies.

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet
Mad-Hamlet
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby LucKie355 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:51 am

Reporting in with Super Mario Galaxy. I'll be playing this over the next few days (give or take). So far it is AWESOME! It took a little time trying to get used to running/jumping/attacking while upside down/sideways but I'm already on my second "observation dome" and I can't seem to put down my wiimote (well other than to post here and a couple other places). I think they've really hit the nail on the head with this game. It's definitely what Nintendo needed to get a lot of people to turn on their Wii's again.

Haven't touched GH3 in a couple days, but that's mostly because I've been trying to get as much done around the house as possible before my SMG marathon. :lol:

-K :)
www.newschoolofphotography.com

"When I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my cat."

I :wub: my avatar...courtesy of the talented Mo Novaya
LucKie355
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby CapeMike » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Hmmm....

Currently playing Luminous Arc(DS), Super Robot Wars W(DS - Import), Worms Open Warfare 2(DS), along with the usual City of Heroes/Villains and WoW(PC)....

And PRAYING to whatever gods exist that either Atlus USA or Bandai/Namco brings Super Robot Wars: Original Generations to the PS2 sometime.... :D
"Explosions solve EVERYTHING!!"

-Nabeshin, Excel Saga episode 26
CapeMike

Postby Xander77 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Team Fortress 2. Poor ping, poor reflexes and spies are my bane, but having the game is incredibly addictive even for a poor player.

Most hours logged in with an Engineer and a Doctor. Worst teams on the face of the internets accidentally joined with... an Engineer and a Doctor (the most "your performance = Team capability + your skill" classes in a Team based game. So if the team capability is in the negatives...)
Yes Virginia, there's a Live Journal
Xander77

Postby Kane Magus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Over the past couple of months or so, I've played through Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Overlord, Super Mario Galaxy, and, last but not least, Aquaria. All of them were awesome, in their own ways.

--

Kane Magus
Kane Magus

Postby jclabes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 am

Right now, playing through Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Guitar Hero III (on Easy at the moment, but just to figure it out - I'll bump it up a notch soon).

Of course, classes start again soon, so more science than video games at that point.
jclabes
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Danners » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:13 am

Kane Magus wrote:Over the past couple of months or so, I've played through Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Overlord, Super Mario Galaxy, and, last but not least, Aquaria. All of them were awesome, in their own ways.

--

Kane Magus

How did you like ME? I completely enjoyed it and despite it's many flaws, it confirms my opinion that no one can develop a universe or story as good and compelling as Bioware. Usually conversations with NPC is a drag, but ME's dialogue was almost always worth reading/llistening through. I found the universe and races interesting, and to a certain degree, even more interesting than the great plot. I can't wait for the next game in the series.

For now, I'm playing Titan's Quest on my PC with my brother, Rock Band (on hard for all instruments), and I'm trying to finish up Blue Dragon.

Also, out of curiosity, how long of a game is Aquaria?
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Push Start