The Official City of Heroes Thread

Gaming, oh Gaming. How I love thee. How much of my money you suck, how much of my time you waste. Never leave me, Gaming. Never change.

Moderators: Ultrace, Alessar

Postby Alessar » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:26 am

Bunny M wrote:"Pfft. Why would I ever be afraid of someone who sounds like a member of the Legion of Substitute heroes? I mean..."

*is suddenly crushed, distorted, levitated and hit with a forklift in quick succession*

Ahh!

*is then wormholed away to somewhere <i>really</i> unpleasant*

:twisted: 8)

Sorry, I forgot to mention my secondary is Radiation Emission. You forgot the part where you were soaked with radiation that dropped your accuracy to the minimum, reduced your defence, diminished your strength, reduced your damage resistance, slowed you a lot, and suppressed your regeneration. THEN you were sent by wormhole somewhere really unpleasant.
Alessar

Postby Bunny M » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 am

Alessar wrote:
Bunny M wrote:"Pfft. Why would I ever be afraid of someone who sounds like a member of the Legion of Substitute heroes? I mean..."

*is suddenly crushed, distorted, levitated and hit with a forklift in quick succession*

Ahh!

*is then wormholed away to somewhere <i>really</i> unpleasant*

:twisted: 8)

Sorry, I forgot to mention my secondary is Radiation Emission. You forgot the part where you were soaked with radiation that dropped your accuracy to the minimum, reduced your defence, diminished your strength, reduced your damage resistance, slowed you a lot, and suppressed your regeneration. THEN you were sent by wormhole somewhere really unpleasant.

Mmm, radiation sickness. It ails what's good for you.

:twisted:
All of the above is, of course, merely my opinion. It may not coincide with yours. That's life.

<i>Give importance to the small dreams you painted towards the sky</i>
Bunny M
Official Jet Wolf Sidekick

Postby Bunny M » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:53 am

Something Jet Wolf said a while back triggered my alt-itis again, so I created yet another alt, this time a mercenary/traps mastermind. (Tungsten Redstagg) As of today, this is my highest level villian (at lvl 20 so far), and I'm resisting the urge to create yet another toon.

I think it is time for me to actually get one toon, at the very least, to maximum level, so that I can bask (briefly) in the satisfaction of it. Hopefully, I can get this MM to lvl 40 before they release the next issue which raises the level cap for villains from 40 to 50.

Then I can frespec my fire/ice tanker to fit i6, instead of i4, and decide whether I want to rush him to lvl 50, (lvl 32 currently) or charge up the levels with my ill/kin controller, which is currently level 29, and, being a PI, tends to level ludicrously fast, especially in a team of PIs. :twisted:
All of the above is, of course, merely my opinion. It may not coincide with yours. That's life.

Bunny M

Postby CapeMike » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:45 pm

CapeMike, my Martial Arts/Super Reflexes Scrapper, recently reached lv 41 and is still booting bad guys in the head at any and all opportunities.... ;)

Meanwhile, my main villain, a lv 34 Rad-Blast/Kinetics Corruptor named DownShift-PD1 is doing well...I don't anticipate getting to 40 with him before the I7 update comes out, which will no doubt give me even MORE neat stuff to play with.... :D
"Explosions solve EVERYTHING!!"

-Nabeshin, Excel Saga episode 26
CapeMike

Postby CapeMike » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:20 pm

Well, I7 is out, and not surprisingly, there's some bugs they're working on...nontheless, I took advantage of now being able to use cov costume parts in coh(only if you own both titles), and updated CapeMike's look.... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/ ... 9c5c6a.jpg
"Explosions solve EVERYTHING!!"

-Nabeshin, Excel Saga episode 26
CapeMike

Postby Alessar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks to double XP weekend -- oh and playing for the first time in a while -- Kid Physics is now rockin' out at level 38 and he has the fearsome EM Pulse power. Now, I no longer need fear Cape Mike's giant robots.
Alessar

Postby Bunny M » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Ahh, the double XP weekend. :D

It was a lot of fun, and I got my current main (Hanako, a Katana/Super Reflexes Scrapper) from 33.5 or so up to 36.6.

She's *much* more effective now that she's got almost all the powers/slots I wanted for her. From this point on it's basically just bonus territory, with the exception of Focused Accuracy. I'm definately looking forward to getting/slotting that one. :wink:

But with all her toggles slotted (1 end, 3 def), all her passives slotted (3 def), and her three big attacks (Soaring Dragon, The Lotus Drops and Golden Dragonfly) all slotted 1 acc, 3 damage, 1 recharge and 1 end, she feels like a nigh-unstoppable killing machine. :twisted:

All in all, a great weekend (10,000 xp for a Rikti portal? Score!) that would have been near perfect if only I hadn't finally gotten my first debt badge at lvl 36 (a purple warhulk/red surgeon combo is bad, mkay?) :cry: and lost a day to a minor family crisis.

I hope the rest of you had at least as much fun as I did.

Bunny M

Postby Danners » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:07 am

I was about to reactivate my account for a month JUST for the weekend. But considering I had lots of things going on, I decided against it. Honestly, if they were to have a double EXP weekend every month, wow...I don't think I'd EVER stop playing CoH :P

Also, from what I've heard, but don't know for sure, have they made levelling easier? As in, you need less EXP to level? Because shortly before I stopped playing was when they really killed the exp structure for sidekicking and overall, gaining exp in general. Have they changed this yet? Because last I played it seemed like it took FOREVER to level up sometimes, especially if you got yourself in debt due to a poor group.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

Postby Bunny M » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:37 am

AFAIK, they haven't changed the level tables since beta (at the least). They did lower the Non-SK level-difference that you get XP at, and introduced the max distance that you get XP/kill credit at (outside of missions) a couple of issues back, but I've found it to be a minor annoyance at best.

Levels can feel like thay are taking a long time to get, but that often depends upon the AT/build of a toon. Hanako zooms through lvls, not least because I've been playing her on Invincible for a long time now. *thinks back* Um, since level 20, if not before. As such, I burn through debt pretty damn fast, often before I even finish the mission that got me killed in the first place.

On other toons I've occasionally run into patches where it seems that getting that next lvl is taking ages, but my usual response is to just switch to a different toon for a while and get a change of pace.

I suspect that lvling will feel a bit slow after the rush of the double XP/Inf weekend, which is part of why I'm taking a short break from CoX this week. (The other part being that I'm actually vaguely busy with assorted stuff this week.) Hopefully this break will let me avoid the crawling feeling when I go back to my quest to get Hanako to 50 and <i>finally</i> unlock a squid for my very own. :roll:

Bunny M

Postby Danners » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:24 am

Bunny M wrote:AFAIK, they haven't changed the level tables since beta (at the least). They did lower the Non-SK level-difference that you get XP at, and introduced the max distance that you get XP/kill credit at (outside of missions) a couple of issues back, but I've found it to be a minor annoyance at best

K, that's what I thought. I was playing for a month or so right after the sidekick "fix". I remember the good old CoH days (beta) when it took me only 10 mins to get to level 10 with some delicious power levelling :P Now it takes me 2-3 hours to get to 10.

I'm curious as to how many of you are on the same server? If I do get back to CoH in the near future, I'd like to group with as many of you as possible because normally it's just me and my brother and we can never seem to find a good enough group of people to quest often with. Even if it means making a new toon, I don't mind really as I can normally get to level 20 fairly quickly.
Danners
JW Propaganda Expert
JW Propaganda Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Push Start