Buffy 4x06 Wild At Heart

The place for specific episode discussions, be it Buffy or Angel. Assume that everything found in here is spoilery in nature to the episode it covers and beware.

Moderators: Jet Wolf, Kyrax

Buffy 4x06 Wild At Heart

Postby LGold » Sun May 18, 2008 9:45 am

Well, no-one seemed to be doing it and no-one told me not to do it, so here’s my commentary on Wild At Heart. I haven’t seen this for well over a year and barely remember most of the details, so apologies in advance if I seem to get caught up over little things. Also apologies if I forget anything major; I haven't done one of these before. Enjoy!

Original Air Date: Nov. 09, 1999

• Well, I liked the pun.

• And Spike appears once again, after his vow to work only with himself on Angel in In The Dark. We see that he likes to hear himself talk, and, as in Halloween, he’s watching Buffy fight. Foreshadowing of the Stalker!Spike of later years, or is this just part of his personality? Maybe it’s something he picked up from Angelus. Hmm.

• And the Initiative. I think that this is the… third showing of them, with the others being the capture of the vampire in The Freshman and a brief clip in Fear, Itself.

• “I was under the impression that I was your big comfy blanky.â€
Last edited by LGold on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(You don't wanna get on the bad side of the girl in the brackets)
LGold
Better Than Toast
Better Than Toast

Postby Kyrax » Wed May 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Go LGold - what a great idea. I'll pop the disk in and comment soon.

Personally, this is one of my favorite Oz-centered episode.
A centimeter can make a huge difference. One cm difference here and I would've been paralyzed, another there and I could've died. But I'm here and I'm determined to recover and to enjoy the life that I've been given a second chance at.
Kyrax

Postby Kerkevik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 am

Hi,

just piping up to point out that 'Wild At Heart' was the episode from which there was no going back. After this one I never missed Buffy ever again. Here's what I had to say about it in another thread:

~~~~ Season Four - Wild At Heart - A real tearjerker of an episode! Notable again for the interaction between Oz and Willow (and this from a mega-Tara fan!), especially their parting scene. Also Paige Moss as Veruca, too easy to say, "What a bitch!", but it was an outstanding performance. Also notable for the scene where Riley saves Willow when Buffy can't.

Top quote - Willow, "Oz, don't you love me?" ~~~~

" • “I'm sure Oz is flogging and punishing himself.â€
Mirror mirror on the wall
Listen to my story
Tell me who I am
Kerkevik
Narked
Narked

Return to It Must Be Tuesday